Aqueous Ozone – A Miracle Worker
Aqueous Ozone is another story altogether and in as much as Ozone – O3 – is either good or bad. Contrary to what might be obvious, aqueous ozone has a long-established and well-respected history in the food operations industry – a disinfectant and food preservative – all that is needed is an ozone generator that will be near at hand for easy access.
It has been used as a disinfectant in drinking water since 1893, a food preservative for the cold storage of meats since 1909, and to prevent the growth of yeast and mold during the storage of fruits in 1939.
Aqueous ozone O3 also has a long history for use as a broad-spectrum biocide against viruses, bacteria, biofilms, fungi and protozoa.
That is all old news, what is new is that:
- The actual aqueous ozone made by an aqueous ozone system called on-site generation is environmentally friendly.
- Aqueous ozone can be generated and used where and when needed by the cleaning professional.
- It safer for users and the environment than traditional cleaning products.
- It is the ideal solution for overall cleaning and sanitation of facilities.
- In respect to health – it is an ideal cleaning solution since it covers all types of germs.
- It reduces waste and operates more efficiently
- It reduces cleaning impact on workers, building users and on the environment.
- An aqueous ozone generator is easily available, and prices are very acceptable.
- It widely used for drinking water treatment due to its excellent disinfection and oxidation qualities – remover organic and inorganic matter as well as odor and taste.
- Leaves no chemical residues as a by-product of cleaning.
Economically, it is cheap and affordable, since it is mechanically created with electricity, water and oxygen. An electrical current is passed through oxygen O2, which separates some of the oxygen molecules into two. In their turn the single oxygen molecules attach onto the remaining O2 to create ozone which then infused into water – aqueous ozone.
From there, we have aqueous ozone because the ozone is infused in water. Poured into a spraying bottle, just as a cleaning worker would pour a cleaning solution or applied directly to surfaces by using a cleaning cloth or a microfiber cloth for an ideal cleaning system.
As such, it is not only ideal as an industrial cleaner for use by professional cleaners, but it has also reached the level of being available for use as a home cleaner through products that have implemented O3 as its main component. It can be used in washers, for windows, floors, bathrooms and kitchen. Not only that but it is a wonderful tool for the hydroponic gardener.
And, from the point of view of green cleaning aqueous ozone is the leader – aqueous ozone technology is a very green and sustainable way to keep facilities clean and healthy. It is a sustainable product not only for the environment, but economically as well.
So, basically what we have is: